- 600 gms to 800 gms of broiler chicken cut into pieces.
- 3 large onions finely grated
- 2 tomatoes finely ground into a paste in a mixie
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp haldi
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp degi mirch
- 1 stick of dalchini
- 1 to 2 Moti elaichi
- 1 1/2 table spoon cooking oil
- 1 glass rice
- Coriander for garnishing(optional)
- Boil rice and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a Kadhai.
- Add ginger garlic paste and when it changes colour add the onions.
- Add dalchini and Moti elaichi into it.
- Sauté till the the onions become golden brown in colour.
- Add the tomatoes,haldi,salt,degi mirch and garam masala. Sauté.
- Add the chicken pieces to it. Sauté till the oil separates the masala and the chicken till the chicken is cooked.
- Add rice into it and mix well.
Garnish the biryani with finely chopped coriander if you so desire. Serve it with raita and Moongi dhuli dal. Note: if you want to make it non- spicy you can avoid garam masala and degi mirch though the quantity used by me is bare minimum. Instead of adding Moti elaichi and stick of dalchini,you can also grind 100gms of dalchini and 100gms of Moti elaichi and 50gms of long and add about 1/2 tsp of this masala. I prefer to use this masala because the aroma is retained.