This recipe was shared by my dear friend Arvind. It is extremely delicious and easy to make.
- 1/2 kg ambis(unripe mangoes) peeled and cut in small pieces
- 2 1/2 large glasses of water
- 6 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 tsp kala namak
- 1 tsp jeera powder
- In a thick based sauce pan add the ambis.
- Put sugar and rest of the ingredients in it.
- Bring it to boil and keep on stirring.
- When the ambis are nicely cooked,remove the pan from fire.
- Let it cool down.
- Separate the ambis from the mixture and grind it into a pulp.
- Now add this pulp back into the mixture.
- Mix well. This is your Aam Pana
- In a glass add about 1/4 to 1/2 table spoon of A Panna. Add cold water and some ice cubes. Always serve chilled Aam Panna. With a sprig of mint leaf.
- Store the rest in a bottle and serve as required.
Aam Panna is a good source of vitamin B1,B2, Naivin and vitamin C. It’s helpful for gastro problems.
Enjoy your summers.