Shahi tukda or bread pudding, my husband’s favourite. And dear old Bhim Singhji’s ( our cook) wonderful recipe.
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tbsp condensed milk
- Cardamom powder
- Green pista
- 4 to 6 slices of bread (1 slice cut into 4 pieces)
- Cooking oil
- 100gms khoya (optional)
- In a hard bottom pan add milk, condensed milk and cardamom powder.
- Bring it to a boil and stir continously.
- Keep stirring till it is thick like Rabari.
- Remove from fire and keep aside.
- In a Kadhai deep fry the bread.
- In a glass dish place the slices of bread and pour the Rabri mixture on top of it.
- Garnish it with pista.
- Keep it in the oven on medium heat for about 10 minutes. Serve hot.