This dessert is an all time favourite Indian dessert. Popular all over the Indian sub- continent. This dish is served on all auspicious occasions.
- 1 kadchi ( kitchen spoon ) boiled basmati rice
- 1 kg milk
- 1/2 tin condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp elaichi powder
- 1 tablespoon blanched and finely chopped almond ( optional )
- Mix together rice,milk and sugar in a patila( heavy based pan).
- Bring it to a boil.
- Lower the flame and keep on stirring.
- Keep stirring for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, till it becomes thick.(we have to stir to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.)
- Now add elaichi powder and let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove it from the gas and add condensed milk.
- Serve chilled.