This pickle is easiest to make. Most Indian homes have a lemon tree and these trees bear a lot of fruit. Last year Chachiji from Ludhiana gave us plenty of lemons and I didn’t know what to do with them, so I thought of making a pickle. This again was an experiment which turned into a great Aachar. Hope you all enjoy it. Ingredients:
- 1 kg Lemons
- 1 tablespoon Kala namak
- 3 tsp degi mirch
- 1/2 tablespoon jeera powder
- 1 cup sugar
Note: the quantity of ingredients is based on your taste. Method:
- Wash the lemons and let them dry.
- Cut the lemons in a pieces.
- Add kala namak and mix well. Keep it aside till the lemons start discharging water.
- Put the lemons in a Kadhai and put it on the gas. When small bubbles start forming, turn off the gas.
- Add degi mirch,jeera powder and sugar to it.
- After it cools down place the achar in a jar and put it out in sun everyday, till the lemons turn brown. Shake the jar everyday. Stir it with a dry spoon.
- This is how your Aachar will look
Note: Always remember, never use a wet spoon in any Aachar as the Aachar will get spoilt.